On Farm Activities
There is a large range of other activities for you to experience such as:
- Bottle feed the pet lambs (seasonal) around August/September.
- Meet Barney our resident Donkey plus Wilby and Ginger the Kune kune pigs.
- Hand feed our pet sheep. Help feed the chickens and collect the eggs.
- Watch a sheep shearing demonstration or if you are lucky you may get to experience the shearing gang in full swing around May/June/July.
- Join Bruce on a guided 4 wheel drive tour of the farm (by arrangement).
- Join in the annual tailing of lambs in spring usually around October/November.
- Fishing for brown trout along the south branch of the Waipara River or take a trip to the Hurunui River 25 minutes away you may catch a salmon or a trout.
- Farm walks and hill country trekking.
- Bring your own mountain bike for an adventure tour around hill country tracks.
- Ride your own quad bike or trail bike along the river banks or tussock hill country terrain.
- Rabbit shooting (night spot lighting is also offered please ask).
- Join the boys on a pig hunting expedition usually during the week end (by arrangement).
- Just relax and enjoy the wide open spaces and tranquillity of rural life on a farm.